Wednesday, December 25, 2013

10 Must have and 10 evil apps on a Windows Phone

I changed from Android to iOS and then finally to a Windows Phone (7.8 Samsung Omnia), and trust me the windows app store (Marketplace)  has a lot of horrible useless apps by different users and there have been times when I downloaded an app that said Batman Game and turned out to be nothing but a Batman Picture  Album, yes I got trolled. So, I'm listing down a few important utility applications that are must-haves when you have a Windows Phone, I will also list down certain specific applications that SUCK and should NOT be downloaded at all.
 Please take  note that the Marketplace has innumerable apps. I am listing the ones that I have come across. Any suggestions/corrections are most welcome

Must-Haves:
1.Skydrive
2.Call Recorder (Because you don't have a default one)
3.utorrent remote (Only if you use utorrent on your PC)
4.Adobe Reader
5.Dev Center (might prove helpful  if you are an app developer of some sort)
6.Dropbox (If you already have Skydrive you need not have this)
7.Flashlight XT
8.Whatsapp
9.Level (Helps you calibrate your touch)
10.Lightning Dial ( Helps you dial frequently dialed numbers immediately)

NEVER download these:
1.Whatsapp Amazing Features
2.Wireless Manager
3.Wifi Passwords (This is one pathetic excuse for an application)
4.Flipkart  (Basically redirects you to website , so better use a browser than waste your storage memory)
5.IRCTC  (Crashes a lot)
6. EllyTran (Keeps crashing frequently)
7.Nokia sWiPe (Gives your phone the Nokia standby screen look and that too can't be saved to the phone's UI)
8.Search all (Provides you the option of searching on yahoo,bing,google, ....it's useless since you already have a separate button to redirect you to a Bing Search)
9.Anti-Theft Alarm ( Not as good as it sounds)
10.FunShot (An image editing app that is not useful).

Please do check the publisher/corporation of the app before downloading it. Apps of Microsoft corporation are really useful and imperative to the functioning of your windows phone. I haven't mentioned any games because such apps vary according to the user's perspective.

I didn't want to make the post too long , that is why I maintained a constraint of 10 each. I might have missed out on some useful apps which I'll try to cover in the following posts.
Please leave your valuable comments and/or suggestions , and feel free to point mistakes ,if any.

No comments:

Post a Comment